ODYSSEY Extreme Series Battery
(internal threaded brass terminal with M6 SS bolts)
|Pulse (5 second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA)||900|
|Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)||330|
|20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)||28|
|Reserve Capacity Minutes||52|
|Dimensions L x W x H (in)||6.64 x 7.05 x 5.04|
|Dimensions L x W x H (mm)||168.6 x 179 x 128|
Powersport vehicles need a powerful battery – one built to take the constant pounding that comes with the territory, whether it's is on land, sea, or snow. Non-spillable AGM design means the ODYSSEY battery will roll with the curves, while its military-inspired design and extreme vibration resistance will cushion any blow.
Whether for everyday or emergency use, today's vehicles are loaded with more electronics than would have been imaginable just a few years ago. ODYSSEY batteries have been designed to keep up with the changes. Because their plates are made of pure virgin lead (unlike the lead alloy in most batteries), we can pack in more plates. And more plates mean more plate surface area, and much more power - twice the overall power and three times the life of conventional batteries - up to 400 cycles at 80% depth of discharge!
ODYSSEY batteries deliver the massive starting power, rapid recovery, and amazing deep cycling capability that today's vehicles demand.
How so much power is possible
ODYSSEY Extreme Series batteries are made with flat plates made of 99.99% pure lead – not lead alloy. Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so we can fit more of them in the battery. More ODYSSEY battery plates mean more plate surface area. And that means more power – twice as much as conventional batteries.
Packed with more power
Like many popular spiral-wound batteries, ODYSSEY Extreme Series batteries employ dry cell Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) technology to contain acid, allowing the battery to be installed even on its side. But the densely packed flat plates in an ODYSSEY Extreme Series battery avoid the “dead space” between cylinders in a “six pack” design. The result is 15% more plate surface area — and that translates to more power!
Phenomenal starting power and massive deep cycle reserve power in one battery!
Some batteries provide enormous cranking power. Others, deep cycle reserve power. The revolutionary ODYSSEY
® battery is designed to do both.
How is this possible? The answer begins with flat plates made of 99.99% pure lead - not lead alloy. Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so we can fit more of them in the battery. More ODYSSEY battery plates mean more plate surface area. And that means more power – twice as much as conventional batteries.
In fact, ODYSSEY batteries are capable of providing engine cranking pulses in excess of 2250 amps for 5 seconds – double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even at very low temperatures. And they can handle 400 charge-discharge cycles to 80% depth of discharge.
This extreme combination of power and performance makes ODYSSEY batteries perfect for a range of applications, including automotive/LTV, marine, commercial, and powersports.
ODYSSEY batteries vs. spiral wound designs: 15% more plate surface area!
- Why Use ODYSSEY Batteries
- Better warranty
- Up to 4-year limited full replacement warranty — not pro rata.
- Longer service life
- 3-10 years of service life to save you time, money, and aggravation
- Longer cycle life
- 70% longer cycle life than conventional deep cycle batteries — high stable voltage for longer periods of time.
- Longer shelf life
- Can be stored on open circuit (nothing connected to the terminals) without recharging for up to 2 years or 12.00V, whichever occurs first.
- Faster recharge
- The highest recharge efficiency of any sealed lead battery on the market — capable of 100% recharge in 4-6 hours.
- Mounting flexibility
- Non-spillable design — can be mounted on any side in any position except inverted.
- Vibration resistance
- Design protects against high impact shock and mechanical vibration — a common cause of premature battery failure.
- Extreme temperature tolerant
- Operating temperatures from -40°C (-40°F) to 45°C (113ºF), for models without a metal jacket, and from -40ºC (-40ºF) to 80ºC (176ºF) for models with a metal jacket.
- Totally maintenance free
- No need to add water, ever! Drycell design with resealable venting system.
- Improved safety
- US Department of Transportation classified as a ‘non-spillable’ battery. No acid spills, no escaping gases.
Odyssey Battery vs. Conventional Battery